- 10 cups (2 liters) buffalo milk
- ¼ teaspoon crushed alum (phitkari)
- 1⅓ tablespoons Sugar Free Natura
- ½ tablespoon pure ghee
- 20 pistachios, thinly sliced
- Chandi varq (edible silver foil), as required
- When completely set, decorate with silver foil to make it all the more presentable.
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick thick-bottomed deep pan on medium heat, stirring continuously, for eight minutes or till it thickens slightly.
- Add the alum and stir continuously till the milk becomes grainy.
- Cook for twenty two minutes or till most of the moisture evaporates and a solid mass remains.
- Add the Sugar Free Natura and mix well. Cook for five to ten minutes or till the mixture thickens again.
- Grease an aluminum tray with ghee. Pour the milk mixture into the tray and level the surface. Sprinkle the sliced pistachios on top. Leave to set for a one hour in a cool, dry place.
- When completely set cut into sixteen squares or diamonds and serve.