German Chocolate Cake
“I won’t eat the chocolate cake” said no one ever! Bring in the birthday of a loved one or simply make a dull day interesting with this mouthwatering recipe. Here’s a little secret: It’s healthy and sugar free!
- Serves : 4
- Cook time : 30 - 60 mins
- 100 gms milk chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar
- 2 cups refined flour (maida)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp soda bicarbonate
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup oil
- ¼ tsp citric acid
- Add Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar in the same quantity as you’d add normal Sugar and save calories.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Boil 1 cup water in a deep non-stick pan and add chocolate. Mix well and switch off heat. Set aside to cool.
- Break eggs into a bowl and beat well with an electric beater till light and frothy.
- Add Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar and beat again till well mixed.
- Sift together refined flour, salt and baking soda into the bowl. Mix well, add chocolate and mix again. Add buttermilk and mix again.
- Add walnuts and oil and mix again. Add citric acid and mix.
- Pour into a baking dish, place it in the preheated oven and bake for thirty-forty minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool, slice and serve.