Mawa Anjeer Burfi
If you’re a fan of dried fruits, then indulging in this wholesome yet delicious recipe is a must. A combination of nuts, figs and Mawa is what makes this recipe so amazing and easy to prepare. Up the healthy quotient of this recipe by adding Sugar Free to it.
- Serves : 8
- Cook time : Less than 15 mins
- Preparation : Less than 15 mins
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon (375 grams) khoya/mawa
- 7-8 dried figs, chopped
- 1/6 cup Sugar Free Natura
- 1 teaspoon liquid glucose
- 5-6 almonds, chopped
- 5-6 cashew nuts, chopped
- To enjoy the Burfi later, store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Replace Sugar with Sugar Free Natura to make the dessert healthier.
- Cook the khoya in a large non-stick kadai on low heat, stirring continuously, till the khoya starts to melt. Add the Sugar Free Natura and mix till well blended.
- Add the liquid glucose and continue to cook, stirring continuously, for thirteen minutes, or till the mixture thickens and begins to leave the sides of the kadai.
- Add the almonds, cashew nuts and dried figs, and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased six-by-eight-inch aluminum tray and spread it evenly. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Cut into squares and serve.