Love coffee? Then you’ll love this coffee flavoured Italian dessert. Serve it at a tea party or indulge after dinner, Tiramisu simply never disappoints. Check out the complete recipe below!
- Serves : 2
- Cook time : Less than 15 mins
- Preparation : Less than 15 mins
- 175 grams chocolate spongecake
- 1/2 tablespoon unflavoured gelatine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 3/4 mascarpone cheese
- Chocolate curls to decorate
- A spring form tin is a round cake tin with a removable base. You can also set the Tiramisu in small individual bowls or moulds.
- Cut each slice of cake in half.
- Dissolve gelatine in 3 tablespoons of hot water. Whip the cream with half cup Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar till stiff and set aside.
- Whip the egg yolks with remaining Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar and 1 tablespoon of water in a double boiler, or in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water, till the mixture forms thick ribbons. Set aside to cool.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of instant coffee powder in half a cup of water and soak the chocolate sponge fingers in the solution.
- Arrange half the sponge fingers in a layer at the base of a spring form tin.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of instant coffee powder in 1 teaspoon of water. Add this along with mascarpone cheese and gelatine to the egg mixture and mix well. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour half the mixture over the chocolate fingers. Arrange the remaining chocolate fingers over and top with remaining mixture and level the top.
- Place in the refrigerator till set. Remove from the tin, cut into wedges and serve chilled, decorated with chocolate curls.