Summertime Sweetness with a healthy Mango Cake Recipe
Indian summers are synonymous with mangoes. Nostalgia strikes when we think about our summer vacation that would kickstart with a mango milkshake every morning. So to make this summer delicious and sweet without those sugar calories, we thought of bringing to you an easy mango cake recipe that is sugar free and guilt-free. This sugar free mango cake recipe is sure to satiate your dessert cravings and is the perfect treat for the fitness conscious.
- Serves : 8
- Cook time : 20 mins
- Preparation : 15 mins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4-5 Teaspoons of Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar
(1 teaspoon of Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar is equivalent in sweetness to 1 teaspoon of regular, refined sugar)
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tbsp refined oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 mangoes
- 250 gms cashew cream frosting
- 1 tsp baking soda
- You can store the cake in a cool and dry place. After a day, you can refrigerate for storage.
- Clean and peel one mango. Cut the flesh and discard the seed. Add the mango flesh to the blender jar and make a mango puree. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease a cake tin with a little oil and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- In another bowl, take oil and Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar (it adds the right amount of sweetness to the cake without excessive sugar calories). Mix well and add the mango puree and milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the flour, part by part, mix until fully incorporated. The batter will be slightly thick.
- Pour the batter into the greased tin. Do not tap. Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes and till the cake is well settled.
- Let the cake cool down. Demould the cake and cut it horizontally to form two thick layers. Take a cake stand, place the lower cake slice and spread the frosting evenly. Place the other cake slice on top.
- Garnish with mango slices or pieces.