Kesar Pista Phirni
A North Indian gem, Kesar Pista Phirni is one of the most loved and sought after delicacies. Indulge in this chilled treat by trying our Sugar Free recipe.
- Serves : 1
- Cook time : 30 - 60 mins
- Preparation : Less than 15 mins
- A few saffron threads
- 10-12 pistachios, blanched, peeled and sliced
- 5 cups (1 litre) skimmed milk
- 3 tablespoons coarse rice flour
- ¾ teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 3 tablespoons Sugar Free Natura Sweet Drops
- Sprinkle slices of pistachio before refrigerating to add to its flavor.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a deep non-stick pan. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring continuously, till it reduces by half.
- Add the rice flour, mixed with a little water, and stir well to prevent lumps from forming. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- When it starts to thicken, lower the heat and simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring continuously. Add the cardamom powder and saffron, and mix well.
- When the mixture attains a thick custard-like consistency, remove from heat and stir in the Sugar Free Natura Sweet Drops.
- Pour the mixture into four individual earthenware bowls while still warm. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Serve chilled.